Every day is important in the life of a Christian (or Christ follower), but the day we choose to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is particularly important. Without his loving sacrifice through his death on the cross, and rising from the dead after burial, none of us would experience forgiveness of our sins, and we would all be headed to an eternity of pain when we die. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus on April 4th this year and invite you to accept his gift of salvation (deliverance from the ultimate consequence of wrong doing) if you have not done so already. All you need to do to receive the gift Jesus provides is:
- Realize that every person (including yourself) does things that are wrong. Doing wrong is also called sin.
- Believe that Jesus is who he says he is (the perfect Son of God)
- Believe that Jesus gave his life on the cross to pay for everyone’s sins (including yours)
- Repent (turn away) from committing your own sins
- Pray and ask Jesus to forgive you of the sins you have committed
That is all it takes to receive the gift that Jesus provides and begin a better life for yourself.
If you have read through the details above, but still have questions, please contact Pastor Hall, one of our church members, or visit with us during a service for further discussion.
If you asked Jesus to forgive you and are ready to discuss your decision with someone else who has done the same thing, please contact Pastor Hall, one of our church members, or visit with us during a service for further discussion. Repenting of sin and asking Jesus to forgive you is the best thing you (and everyone) can do.